Grimaldi acquires assets in Port of Amsterdam

Grimaldi acquires assets in Port of Amsterdam

Photo: Port of Amsterdam

Grimaldi Group has acquired assets and a 20-year concession in the Amerikahaven area of the Dutch capital port covering the surface of over 200,000 square metres. Grimaldi acquired the assets through its unit, Amsterdam Multipurpose Terminal (AMT) from EMA. 

The acquired assets also include storage areas, adjacent warehouses and logistics areas, as well as two quays – the first, which is about 500 meters long, dedicated to ships deployed on deep sea routes, and the second, about 300 meters long, for the berthing of vessels serving short sea links.

The Neapolitan group holds an 80 percent stake in AMT, a new company born ahead of the acquisition of the Amsterdam port terminal; the remaining 20 percent ​​is owned by TMA Holding, a Dutch logistics operator with extensive experience in the management of terminals and warehouses.

“Our investment in the port terminal indicates the willingness of our group to strengthen its position in the port of Amsterdam”, said AMT President Guido Grimaldi. “We will aim to facilitate the development of the port, improving the services offered to the Dutch market and businesses while exploiting and enhancing its great potential as a multimodal logistic hub, thanks to the numerous road, rail, sea and river connections to and from the rest of Northern Europe”.

With its deep sea connections, the Grimaldi Group has been calling at Amsterdam for over 25 years; currently the port is part of the Central Express service, which regularly connects Northern Europe to West Africa for the transport of rolling stock, containers, general and project cargo.

Author: Adnan Bajic

Add your comment

characters remaining.

Log in through one of the following social media partners to comment.