A $10 Bn logistics venture formed for NEOM

A $10 Bn logistics venture formed for NEOM

Photo: DSV

A $10 billion exclusive logistics joint venture has been formed by NEOM and DSV to support the development of the ambitious projects taking shape in Saudi Arabia. NEOM will hold 51 per cent of the joint venture with DSV holding the remaining 49 per cent. The venture is expected to require a $10 billion gross investment. In accordance with the business plan, the total shareholder funding commitment up and until December 31, 2031, is $5 billion.

Under the agreement, the joint venture will provide end-to-end supply chain management, development and investments in transport and logistics assets and infrastructure as well as transport and delivery of goods and materials within NEOM.

The futuristic project envisions unparalleled demand for construction logistics through to December 31, 2031, with sustained growth in non-construction logistics thereafter. In addition to its impact on the logistics landscape, the venture is expected to boost the Saudi economy, through infrastructure development and creating more than 20,000 job opportunities.

“The projected demand in both construction and non-construction logistics will make NEOM one of the largest customers in the world, and this partnership allows NEOM to create value from its demand. Working alongside one of the world’s leading logistics companies, the joint venture with DSV will build on expertise and know-how to drive innovation and sustainability throughout the logistics value chain. The economic benefit to this partnership will not only provide tens of thousands of jobs, but it will also enable growth to capture local and regional market share. It’s a living example of Saudi Vision 2030 in action, fostering job creation and building a future-leaning economy,” Nadhmi Al-Nasr, CEO of NEOM, said.

Read also: Lower freight volumes bring DSV profit down

“NEOM is one of the largest and most complex projects in the world. It provides a unique opportunity for DSV to support a development that is at the forefront of innovation, technology and digital transformation. DSV already has a strong presence in Saudi Arabia, and this is a significant growth opportunity for us in the region and we look forward to working with NEOM Company and bringing our logistics capabilities to the table,” added Jens Bjørn Andersen, Group CEO, DSV.

Partners said they are committed to driving innovation and will allocate a portion of the JV’s revenues to foster the development of ground-breaking technologies and commercialise new sustainable next-generation logistics solutions. The vision extends further by establishing a dedicated innovation centre at NEOM’s clean and advanced manufacturing hub, Oxagon.

The new joint venture is a significant milestone demonstrating NEOM’s commitment to revolutionising Saudi Arabia’s logistics sector and paves the way for pioneering sustainable logistics solutions, marking a new chapter in its journey towards realising Vision 2030.

Completion of the partnership is awaiting customary regulatory approvals, which are expected to be obtained in the second quarter of 2024.

You just read one of our premium articles free of charge

Register now to keep reading premium articles.

Author: Adnan Bajic

Add your comment

characters remaining.

Log in through one of the following social media partners to comment.

A $10 Bn logistics venture formed for NEOM | Project Cargo Journal
A $10 Bn logistics venture formed for NEOM

A $10 Bn logistics venture formed for NEOM

Photo: DSV

A $10 billion exclusive logistics joint venture has been formed by NEOM and DSV to support the development of the ambitious projects taking shape in Saudi Arabia. NEOM will hold 51 per cent of the joint venture with DSV holding the remaining 49 per cent. The venture is expected to require a $10 billion gross investment. In accordance with the business plan, the total shareholder funding commitment up and until December 31, 2031, is $5 billion.

Under the agreement, the joint venture will provide end-to-end supply chain management, development and investments in transport and logistics assets and infrastructure as well as transport and delivery of goods and materials within NEOM.

The futuristic project envisions unparalleled demand for construction logistics through to December 31, 2031, with sustained growth in non-construction logistics thereafter. In addition to its impact on the logistics landscape, the venture is expected to boost the Saudi economy, through infrastructure development and creating more than 20,000 job opportunities.

“The projected demand in both construction and non-construction logistics will make NEOM one of the largest customers in the world, and this partnership allows NEOM to create value from its demand. Working alongside one of the world’s leading logistics companies, the joint venture with DSV will build on expertise and know-how to drive innovation and sustainability throughout the logistics value chain. The economic benefit to this partnership will not only provide tens of thousands of jobs, but it will also enable growth to capture local and regional market share. It’s a living example of Saudi Vision 2030 in action, fostering job creation and building a future-leaning economy,” Nadhmi Al-Nasr, CEO of NEOM, said.

Read also: Lower freight volumes bring DSV profit down

“NEOM is one of the largest and most complex projects in the world. It provides a unique opportunity for DSV to support a development that is at the forefront of innovation, technology and digital transformation. DSV already has a strong presence in Saudi Arabia, and this is a significant growth opportunity for us in the region and we look forward to working with NEOM Company and bringing our logistics capabilities to the table,” added Jens Bjørn Andersen, Group CEO, DSV.

Partners said they are committed to driving innovation and will allocate a portion of the JV’s revenues to foster the development of ground-breaking technologies and commercialise new sustainable next-generation logistics solutions. The vision extends further by establishing a dedicated innovation centre at NEOM’s clean and advanced manufacturing hub, Oxagon.

The new joint venture is a significant milestone demonstrating NEOM’s commitment to revolutionising Saudi Arabia’s logistics sector and paves the way for pioneering sustainable logistics solutions, marking a new chapter in its journey towards realising Vision 2030.

Completion of the partnership is awaiting customary regulatory approvals, which are expected to be obtained in the second quarter of 2024.

You just read one of our premium articles free of charge

Register now to keep reading premium articles.

Author: Adnan Bajic

Add your comment

characters remaining.

Log in through one of the following social media partners to comment.