Jumbo-SAL-Alliance moves over 215,000 frt of project cargo for Golden Pass LNG
Video

Jumbo-SAL-Alliance jumps in for Golden Pass LNG project in Texas

ScreengrabJumbo-SAL-Alliance

Jumbo-SAL-Alliance has supplied the Golden Pass LNG expansion project with the equipment needed. The Golden Pass LNG expansion project is a partnership of QatarEnergy and ExxonMobil affiliates, an infrastructure investment estimated at $10 billion that would see Golden Pass LNG add liquefaction and export capabilities to its existing facility in Sabine Pass, Texas. This will provide the flexibility to import and export natural gas in response to market conditions, with operations expected to kick off in 2024.
Despite the Covid-19 pandemic, both ExxonMobil and QatarEnergy continued their investment in the project keeping it on track for 2024 startup. Once operational, ExxonMobil will market 30 per cent of Golden Pass LNG volumes. QatarEnergy Trading will market the remaining 70 per cent.

The contractors of the project are merged in the CCZ joint venture, including Chiyoda, CB&I and Zachry. Jumbo-SAL-Alliance supplied the contractors with the equipment in 2021 and is now looking back at a successful operation of a significant project.

Jumbo-SAL-Alliance scope

To keep the project expansion on schedule, various components needed to be transported to the site. Jumbo-SAL-Alliance was contracted to transport 27 Air Cool Condensers (ACC) modules, auxiliary modules, steam ducts, and staircases for the project. A total of 215,529 freight tons of project cargo, divided over nine shipments, had to be transported from Changshu, China, to Beaumont, USA, located in the Gulf of Mexico.

Speaking of the award, Hiroshi Wakabayashi, general manager of Jumbo-SAL-Alliance Japan, stated: “I believe we won this project because of our solid technical solution and track record. The clearances were very tight, but we managed to stow all six units on deck.”

The heaviest ACC module weighed 260.4 mt and measured 25.91 x 14.44 x 17.32 metres. The multipurpose vessel Svenja delivered and discharged the cargo in Beaumont, USA, with the video showing just how tight the clearances were and how the operation was completed.

Author: Adnan Bajic

Add your comment

characters remaining.

Log in through one of the following social media partners to comment.

Jumbo-SAL-Alliance jumps in for Golden Pass LNG project in Texas | Project Cargo Journal
Jumbo-SAL-Alliance moves over 215,000 frt of project cargo for Golden Pass LNG
Video

Jumbo-SAL-Alliance jumps in for Golden Pass LNG project in Texas

Screengrab Jumbo-SAL-Alliance

Jumbo-SAL-Alliance has supplied the Golden Pass LNG expansion project with the equipment needed. The Golden Pass LNG expansion project is a partnership of QatarEnergy and ExxonMobil affiliates, an infrastructure investment estimated at $10 billion that would see Golden Pass LNG add liquefaction and export capabilities to its existing facility in Sabine Pass, Texas. This will provide the flexibility to import and export natural gas in response to market conditions, with operations expected to kick off in 2024.
Despite the Covid-19 pandemic, both ExxonMobil and QatarEnergy continued their investment in the project keeping it on track for 2024 startup. Once operational, ExxonMobil will market 30 per cent of Golden Pass LNG volumes. QatarEnergy Trading will market the remaining 70 per cent.

The contractors of the project are merged in the CCZ joint venture, including Chiyoda, CB&I and Zachry. Jumbo-SAL-Alliance supplied the contractors with the equipment in 2021 and is now looking back at a successful operation of a significant project.

Jumbo-SAL-Alliance scope

To keep the project expansion on schedule, various components needed to be transported to the site. Jumbo-SAL-Alliance was contracted to transport 27 Air Cool Condensers (ACC) modules, auxiliary modules, steam ducts, and staircases for the project. A total of 215,529 freight tons of project cargo, divided over nine shipments, had to be transported from Changshu, China, to Beaumont, USA, located in the Gulf of Mexico.

Speaking of the award, Hiroshi Wakabayashi, general manager of Jumbo-SAL-Alliance Japan, stated: “I believe we won this project because of our solid technical solution and track record. The clearances were very tight, but we managed to stow all six units on deck.”

The heaviest ACC module weighed 260.4 mt and measured 25.91 x 14.44 x 17.32 metres. The multipurpose vessel Svenja delivered and discharged the cargo in Beaumont, USA, with the video showing just how tight the clearances were and how the operation was completed.

Author: Adnan Bajic

Add your comment

characters remaining.

Log in through one of the following social media partners to comment.